As the NBA season comes to a close, I reminisce over this joint I did to pay respect to my favorite players.
One of my first anthems and probably the reason i still rap today is this joint right here. Full of complex flows, hard party energy, and braggadocio I can definitely still back up!
I just dropped the new music video for my latest single Reparations Check it out! Like share and discuss!
My people I give to you Reparations! This song is about exactly what it says American descendants of slavery deserve to be paid reparations and why!
Reparations is more than a song its a lyrical essay and it’s jamming! It’s a heavy record with a lot of real talk and a grooving beat that will have you moving. This is the realest hip hop song I have ever made. I put so much of myself into this song. I made it to start a conversation amongst my generation that can lead to righting the greatest wrong done to humanity: American Slavery.
As a descendant of Mississippi I had to speak on this. This song is about RESPECT! Whites listen to this and put some respect on our name, Immigrants listen to this and put some respect on our name, American descendants of Slavery listen to “Reparations” and put some respect on your own name.
Iwari while developing himself into the artist of the future seems to have come across a personal glitch. Neo Glitch his alter ego seems to be hijacking his first single of the year “Reparations” just in time for the end of black history month. Stay Tuned! Song Drops February 28 2018.
On a recent trip to my main home town St. Louis, my mom was going through our storage and came across an old notebook of mine. The first page showed something i had written back at age nine about what it meant to be a good leader. My nine-year old self had some pretty good Ideas that I found value in reading and wanted to share. (typed out version below the image because my handwriting was so amazing)
Sept, 9, 1997
Succeeders are Leaders
Characteristics of a leader
- To be responsible.
- Shows respect.
- Believes in others.
- Stick to it and doesn’t give up.
- Follow the rules.
- Cooperative with the group.
- helps anyone in need.
- be polite and listen to what others have to say
- Be polite don’t fight
- be honest
- set good examples
- have a positive attitude
- Understand peoples problems
- don’t start stuff
Rules To Enter:
The Preliminary Round
1. Each rapper must submit a video of the him/herself performing 16 bars on any subject over
any beat solo via youtube.com.
2. Post your entry and send a link to firstname.lastname@example.org with the above information.
3. You must be 21 to enter.
4. The Post must be received by midnight July 20, 2016.
5. Each rapper who proceeds to the live show will receive notice and instructions for participation
not later than midnight July 21, 2016
1. For the battle each rapper must create one 16 bar verses on the subject “Rebuilding St.
Louis”, which should take less than a minute to perform.
2. Verse must not contain any profanity. Profanity is an automatic disqualification.
3. Each rapper will rap over a section of the beat “Don’t Take the Plea” from IWARI’s the
R.E.A.L. CD.* (playing now)
4. Participant in the 16 Bar Battle must be at the venue, which is Blueberry Hill Duck Room, 6504
Delmar in the U-City Loop at 7 PM on Wednesday. Anyone arriving late will be disqualified
5. At 7:15 rappers will pull lots for their position in the battle
6. During the first round of the battle the odds will battle the events. One winner will survive each
7. During the second round one winner from each of the first rounds (using the number pulled)
will battle another winner from the first round with the winner of that battle advancing until
he/she has defeated all of the 2nd round rappers becoming the ultimate winner.
8. There will be one winner and one runner-up. Both will receive a cash prize.
9. The audience will pick the winner of each battle.
10. Cash Prizes are $100 and $50 respectively.
11. The Winner will perform a track of his choice in the legendary Blueberry Hills Duck Room.
12. Each rapper must buy a ticket to the event. We allow you to sell tickets at half price $10 to
encourage your followers to come and cheer for you.
NOTE: All contestants will be chosen before the night of the event.
A DeWeezy Enterprises Production: email@example.com (314) 369-8947
Tickets on Sale July 9, 2016 @ iwari.net
We’re making IWARI.net a more awesome destination for you.
Until it is complete connect with IWARI at a spot listed below!
You can also hear IWARI on Spotify, Pandora, Iheartradio.com, Last.fm, and Jango.com